Conscientious champion of user needs
Thank you for your consideration, I hope this information finds you well.
My content development work focuses on performant code. Rarely relying on complex dependencies or configurations, I aim to work at the correct abstraction layer, keeping things accessible.
Responsive Design & Code
- I have a strong preference for static site generation with HUGO.
- Deploy to GitHub, served from Netlify.
- Custom modular layout templates using TLDR based on Tachyons.io.
- A simple, yet effective optimisation pipeline for content to improve the weight of downloadable assets.
- Empirically test content using GTMetrix, and Google PageSpeed insights.
- For Analytics and custom tracking: Google UA, although prefer Matomo – which is GDPR compliant, and self-hosted.
- I fit into teams by adapting to their needs, such as making informed decisions over Skype, or experimenting on Codepen.
- IDE: Visual Studio Code and TabNine with other enhancements.
- Familiarity with Atom, Espresso, Parallels VMs and iWork, as well as other tools such as Microsoft Windows, Word & Excel.
- Experience with Android, iOS and esoteric browser nuances.
Other web technologies
- Aware of NPM, jQuery and Wordpress – I prefer the JAMstack.
- Welcome exposure to other libraries and tooling as part of a culture of continuous learning.
Content & back-translation
- I read and write in English, rely on Google Translate or DeepL, and speak Italian.
- Simplenote, LightPaper and Typora for tracking and markdown.
- hemingwayapp.com keeps things clear – especially for back-translation.
Graphics and Animation
- Wacom proficient in PhotoShop as well as other bitmap tools, inc. Bridge, XnView, frame editors and compression utilites.
- Produce layouts and typography with Adobe Suite, CorelDRAW, FontForge, FontExplorerPro and PhotoShop.
- For animation: 3D Studio Max, After Effects and Premiere.
- Range of tutorials covering scaleable AI, Python and OpenCV.
- Built several Hackintosh machines.
- Camino Santiago and Running.
Feel free to share, read and get in touch.
Would you like to send me an email?