Conscientious champion of user needs
Thank you for your consideration, I hope this information finds you well.
My content development work focuses on performant code. Rarely relying on complex dependencies or configurations, I aim to work at the correct abstraction layer, keeping things accessible.
Responsive Web Design
- I have a strong preference for static site generation with HUGO.
- Deploy to GitHub, served from Netlify.
- Using Service Workers for offline capabilities.
- Custom, modular layouts based on Tachyons.io.
- A simple, yet effective optimisation pipeline to improve the weight of downloadable assets.
- Development quality assurance using GTMetrix, and Google PageSpeed insights.
- Empirical testing across a range of browsers and devices.
- IDE: Visual Studio Code and TabNine with other enhancements.
- Familiarity with Atom, Espresso, Parallels VMs and iWork, as well as other tools such as Microsoft Windows, Word & Excel.
- Experienced troubleshooting esoteric browser edge-cases. And, enjoy hands on tinkering with Android, iOS and other operating systems when necessary.
Core web technology
- Familiar with core web technologies.
- Experience with popular tools/libraries such as NPM, jQuery and Wordpress – prefering Greenfield, JAMstack projects.
- Welcome exposure to other libraries and tooling as part of a culture of continuous learning.
Team Work, collaboration and back-translation
- Team player, able to work asynchronosly and adapt to distruibuted individual’s needs. For example: making informed decisions with peers over Skype, Codepen, Slack etc.
- Read and write in English, rely on Google Translate or DeepL, and speak Italian.
- Simplenote, LightPaper and Typora for tracking and markdown.
- hemingwayapp.com keeps things clear – especially for back-translation.
Graphics and Animation
- Wacom proficient in PhotoShop and familiar with other editors and compression utilites.
- Produce layouts and typography with a range of tools with a preference for the Adobe Suite.
- Animating 2D/3D with After Effects, Premiere and 3DSMax.
- Range of tutorials covering programming and product development.
- Built several Hackintosh machines.
- Camino Santiago and Running.
Feel free to share, read and get in touch.Would you like to send me an email?